Sunday, January 02, 2011

winter gloom

I woke up not feeling well again today. But I showered and dressed and went to church anyway. It's such a privilege to serve on the prayer wall and take others to the throne of God in intercession. But I realized I needed prayer first, so I sought out a good friend and received the grace I needed to finish out the morning. (How many times do we just try to "muscle through" our day without asking for much-needed prayer???) I just felt like I was moving in slow-mo, and desperately wanted to take a looooonnnnngggg winters nap. My jammies were calling my name.

I tried taking pics this morning, but it was a bust. I hadn't even had my first cup of tea, so my mind was still fuzzy. I decided I'd try again later.

I slept for three hours this afternoon. And I do feel better! I heard a pastor say once that the most spiritual thing you could do sometimes is just take a nap. I heartily agree!

I was able to take more pics this afternoon. And this was the one I chose for the 365 Project. It makes me want to break out in poetic song. How about a little winter haiku? :0)

Coffee and tea on
a winter day; tea for you,
the other for me

Charles de Lint

No comments: