Thursday, January 06, 2011

cracked pots

I have this planter next to my kitchen sink. It recently developed a crack in the side, so each time I water the plant, it just pours right out. It's a great reminder of my own imperfections and "cracks". If I don't ensure that the soil stays moist in the pot, the plant will dry out and die. If I don't take the time to nurture my heart, my dreams will die.  Life pulls on us, and even breaks us at times. We leak. Good thing God's mercy is new every morning! And when I am still before Him, not only does He fill me with everything I need to face the demands of the day, but He often repairs the cracks all together. 

And sometimes, He uses the cracks for His own glory. Sometimes He creates them Himself so what's inside will refresh the needs of others.
"Then God made a crack in the hollow rock in Lehi and water came out of it; and after drinking, (Samson's) spirit came back to him and he was strong again..." Judges 15:19
Be a blessing today...

No comments: