Friday, January 21, 2011

lenses


During my quiet time this morning, I was asking the Lord to help me find my center...find my balance again. My time with Him has been hit-and-miss since the holidays and I just felt off-kilter. I was judging myself for not spending enough time with Him. It's amazing how quickly He answers our prayers sometimes.
"Child, keep the eyes of of your heart turned toward heaven. Look for Me - My signature - on all who are around you. Look for Me in laughter - look for Me in darkness and thunder and rain. I am surrounding you, enveloping you. Ask Me for the eyes to see. This is not a hard thing for Me to do for you. It is My desire that you see as I see so you can judge righteously. Focus your spiritual eyes on the love I hold within My heart. Every decision you make must be made through the filter of love, for only through the lens of love can you truly judge righteously."
Oh, goodness...I needed that reminder. He impressed upon my heart that I won't be able to see myself correctly unless I'm looking through the lens of love. It reminded me of the story of the prodigal son. He had completely destroyed his life. He broke just about every commandment that could possibly be broken. And when he finally hit bottom, his heart reached out for his home, and the father he'd left behind. He rehearsed over and over again on that long road back home the words of repentance he'd say to his father. But while he was still just a speck on the horizon, the father saw him. Calling behind him for his servants to bring a robe, ring, and sandals, the father RAN to meet his son. He ordered them to prepare a feast!

Love runs. Love covers. Love CELEBRATES!

I'm sure it blew his mind how much love the father was lavishing on him. It just didn't make sense. But the father saw him through eyes of love. The father saw him as being resurrected from the dead. And this is how God sees us as well.

We all wear glasses. Some are placed there during childhood, and some are placed there by religion. Some are there due to hurt and trauma. But none of them will enable us to see ourselves or others clearly unless we're looking through the lens of love. God has given us everything pertaining to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3), and the clarity to see as He sees is a vital part of what He's provided for his kids.

Put on love. Place it on the eyes of your heart so you can see as He sees. Begin to see yourself through the Eyes of Love.
"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:12-14

1 comment:

Diana said...

Beautiful images. Love your blog. Met you on Picture winter. So many cool and talented artists there.