Monday, January 03, 2011

promise & possibility


Today's assignment from Picture Winter...
"Be on the lookout today for something that speaks of promise or possibility - something hopeful, touching, soul stirring. Something that reminds you that anything is possible and we have everything to hope for."
Everything to hope for... 

I couldn't think of a better subject matter than my brushes. I've painted since I was a child. It truly is my creative first-love. With my brushes I can create anything my heart can conjure. I'm limited only by my imagination (and my pocketbook!), and I can choose whatever colors I may fancy at the moment to create mood, drama, or a sense of order. Perhaps chaos. Truly, the possibilities are endless.

There's a sense of complete awe and wonder for me as I look upon a pure white canvas. And a part of me in that moment knows a little of what God must have felt before His very first creation. He was about to place a little bit of His own heart upon the canvas of our world. And perhaps He held His breath for a moment too.

No comments: